Q:Can you do psychedelic therapy with me?
- No, I don’t offer psychedelic therapy at this time. Why not? Because while I wish things were different, most psychedelics are still schedule 1 substances in the US and I am a licensed therapist who could lose their license for providing this type of therapy before it is legal.
Q. But your’e in Oregon! What about Psilocybin? Isn’t it legal there?
- Yes, psilocybin is decriminalized in Oregon, and in 2020 a ballot measure was passed legalizing facilitated psilocybin sessions. That is great news but it will be 2023 before we will see that implemented at a community level. Once there are program criteria established for training programs, and facilitators are trained and certified, we can start offering psilocybin sessions.
Q Can you refer me to someone who will do psychedelic therapy with me?
- No, for the reasons listed in question 1. The exception to that is ketamine assisted psychotherapy (KAP)- there are some links to providers of KAP in Portland on the “resources” page
Q How do I become part of an MDMA assisted psychotherapy clinical trial?
- if trials are still going on, you can apply https://maps.org
Q What about Expanded Access? Aren’t you doing that in Portland?
- Yes, eventually, hopefully! MAPS is still awaiting final FDA approval and the pandemic has slowed down this process significantly. I don’t personally know how long it will be until the program is operational but following MAPS on social media and signing up for their newsletter and bulletin will keep you more up to date.
Q What are your rates?
- $ 125-175 per hour depending on the service. Psychotherapy is $175/hr and clinical supervision is $125/ hr
Q Do you take insurance?
- yes. I am currently in network with the following: Pacific Source, Providence. I am out of network with OHP/ Care Oregon/ Health Share but can usually get authorization for up to a year of therapy for clients who have been unable to find an in-network provider. I can offer a superbill if you wish to use out of network benefits for a commercial plan.
Q How many sessions will I need?
- minimum of 3 sessions is recommended, after that it depends on what you need. On average, I see people for 6 months- 2 years.
Q What is your cancellation policy?
- I request 24 hours notice to cancel. Less than that, with the exception of a real emergency, will result in a fee of around 50% of the full session price. (currently I charge $85 for late-cancel/ no show.)